8.31.2014

And I'm back.

Okay. I have a major confession to make.

It has been 2 years since I last blogged.

And, I bought a new layout thinking it would push me to blog more.  In December.  Of 2013.  And I just saw that it was uploaded last week. *hangs head in shame*

So............ I'm recommitting myself to my little blog.

I don't care if no one reads it.

I don't care if there's a hundred teacher bloggers out there.

And I don't care if I'm not as good/smart/crafty/stylish as them.

I am me. And dangit, I like that. I'm not going to let any of that stop me.  I went to I Teach K! this year and was totally like, "That could be me up there."  So, I'm going to make it be.  I have things to share, and I want to share them with y'all!

**Warning: This post is SUPER long, kind of personal and FULL of pictures. :)**

(can I tell you how much FUN I had?  More on that later. Well, maybe another post. This one is already epically long. :|)

These last two years have been a whirlwind y'all.  A mixture of the good and the bad.  Well, I guess that's life.  But I was letting the bad dictate my happiness. No more!
God is really teaching me to trust His timing and that everything will work out for His good.

I went back and read my last blog post. It was right after we opened our flower shop, and right before we found out we were pregnant.  For the second time.  We lost our first baby, and that contributed to my general lack of interest in life. I wasn't a good teacher. I wasn't a good person. I was angry. It's taken me a long time to get okay with it all.  And now, well, I see part of God's bigger plan for my life.

Well, we've since expanded the shop and moved to a new {bigger} building.

{our sweet little FaMoUs Shop... my husband is SERIOUSLY talented y'all. #proudwifey}



And our sweet miracle baby is ONE.  Well, technically he's 17 months, but Mr. Dan doesn't like the whole "month" thing.  Isn't he precious y'all?? My sweet little Aidan Grant... or Baby A as my students call him. :)

{one of his newborn pictures... already a reader!}

{HaPpY BiRtHdAy Sweet Baby A!} 

{my 2 main men... <3}




Sadly this is the best family picture we got this year at the beach. Most of them he looks like this....

{#truefamilybeachpicture2014}

Y'all. I seriously have been writing this blog post for 3 weeks now. Every weekend my sweet hubby asks me, "You blogged today?" He's helping me stay committed. BUUUUTTTT, back to school has seriously taken up my time. Not to mention a 1 1/2 year old running around! But I said I was going to do this for myself, and so I am!

So, this post has grown from a...

"Look at me! I'm back to blogging! Here's a recap of my crazy life! Look at my sweet baby!  Look at my sweet one year old!" 

tooooo........

"all that PLUS Look at my super cute classroom! AND Look at my sweet start to the school year!"

Phew.
That's a lot.
If you read this whole post I will send you a snickers.
Well, not really.
Mostly because they will melt.
And also because someone might have a peanut allergy.

But, I will love you. And tell you thank you for reading my blog. ;)

Okay, on to the school fun!

Y'all. My room is the BEST it has EVER looked. 
Seriously. 
I'm so proud of it. 
I mean, I only spent every waking hour of July in that room. 

It really is fun and functional.  Even though I had to take out my kitchen to bring my lockers in from out in the hallway. {darn you fire marshall!!!!}.

And now we don't even need the lockers anymore because the fine state of Louisiana decided to take away our rest time. But I digress.... {SERIOUSLY though. HOW do y'all do it without a rest? Seriously. I need ideas.}

Okay, here's some pictures.


 {okay, this is seriously my WHOLE room.  This is the view from the door. And yes, that is all of it, plus a bathroom to the right.}

{my new locker top display. I do <3 that though. I'm planning to display all my babies family photos on top and do seasonal decor.}

{my work on writing center, er, table. I am in LOVE with my burlap border and black bulletin boards!!}

{another view from the door of the work on writing center and the left wall of my room. Totally loving my Maria Manore inspired alphabet wall!}

{this is right by my door - daily schedule, message board/chalkboard, phone, a/c, and dismissal charts}

{the infamous lockers! And the sweet darlings have to share too.... :(  Oh, and my Kind Kindergartener wall.}

{new and improved job chart. This year I got smart and made it at kid level so they can change the jobs! A totally "duh" moment for me. True story.}

{seasonal bulletin board, art center and sensory table. Yes I still have one, and yes I love it.}

{my, um, tables, and back counter? boring I know.}

{ohmigosh y'all. This is my favorite new thing in my room! My magnetic giraffe spots on the a/c closet door.}

{my friend, our Ag teacher cut them out of metal for me, and my super sweet husband painted and hung them up.  And, truth be told... it was all his idea. :)}

{my teacher desk. ALWAYS a hot mess. lol}

{itsy bitsy classroom means creative student work displays! I also really like them lower so the kids can self-select work that they want to hang up and display. At least, that's the plan anyway.}

{my back to school bulletin board: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Look Who's in Mrs. Loftin's Room!}

{another OHMIGOSH find. Y'all I got these ah-ma-zing rugs at a yard sale. Super score! I ended up getting 5 long ones and 1 small one (that's in front of my door) for only 5 bucks! They only wanted 2, but I couldn't just "steal" them. I mean, come on. It was for the church.}

{My Deanna Jump inspired palm tree!  I've had it for years - again, my sweet husband built it for me. But this year, my partner teacher made one too and she suggested we add letters. And I LOVE how it turned out!}

(My vinyl line up numbers. Best. Thing. I've. Ever. Done.}

{whole group teaching area... AND my sweet back to school night photo prop. Again, y'all my husband is the best.}

{computers and student mailboxes}

{work on letters center, student mailboxes, and a catch-all area for folder collection, tissues and treats}

{work on writing center, my SUPER cute door & my empty bulletin board. 3 weeks in to school and... it's still empty. lol. Don't know what I want to put there... Suggestions?}

{my favorite place in my room. I BIG LOVE my work on reading center. It is SO fun and cozy for my little sweeties. There's more of those steal of a deal rugs too! I put 3 together to make a large rug for the base of that center.}



{another Maria Manore inspired project. Dollar store shelf turned on its side. Hubby made me a cushion out of foam and fabric from Hobby Lobby and an old piece of fencing. Isn't he crafty?!}

Okay, at our Back to School Night we had a photo booth area in kindergarten! My sweet hubby had this jungle scene painted for me and he cut out the animal faces for the children and their families to poke their heads in and take pictures.  Here's two of my sweet babies and their mommies! I seriously have the most fun parents this year. Y'all my class is super sweet. 


Phew! I think that's it for tonight. 

If you made it to the bottom of this post, congratulations! You will receive your melted snickers in the mail sometime soon. Well, maybe a freebie for your classroom?  I'll be back tomorrow with my plans for this short week and some freebies I use at the beginning of the year. Y'all, I'm so glad to be back. <3.

Until then, Be Blessed.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! Your little man is adorable. I have an 18 month old. They are so busy aren't they?!?! And it is hard sometimes to see how God will use something for his glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to all your posts and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster award!

    http://kindergartenkaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete